DescriptionCapaCoustic Resipor panels consist of polyester fleece with a very fine (filigree), open-pored structure. They can directly be bonded as a wall covering to walls and ceilings, provided that the substrate is stable.
CapaCoustic Resipor Panels are excellently suitable for a later renovation/silencing of variably used rooms, due to quick mounting and easy handling.
Field of ApplicationFor rooms with an intensive reverberant sound it is very often necessary to take reverberation suppressing measures. In such cases the application of systems provided with sound-absorbing properties is used in order to reduce the reverberation time in all relevant rooms.
For this purpose special open-porous and head-porous materials are used to reduce the penetrating
sound energy. A sound energy reducing effect is achieved by the friction of air molecules (being set into oscillation by sound propagation) with pore sides within the open-pored structure.
Typical application areas are, e.g.: Offices and call centres, showrooms, restaurants, schools and day-care centres, meeting rooms, training rooms or seminar rooms, machine shops and production halls, sound studios.
- High sound absorption αW = 0,8
- Temperature resistance: –50 °C to +150 °C
- Free of mineral fibres and physiologically harmless.
- Colour: White
- No electrostatic charging – no electrostatic attraction of dust
- High strength of shape.
- Building material Class B1 as per German standard DIN 4102-1.
- Resistant to ball throwing as per German standard DIN 18032-3.
- Coating weight per unit area: Approx. 3 kg/m2 (adhesive incl.)
- Bulk density: 30 kg/m³ ± 10 %
Material Base / VehiclePES fleece
Types that can be delivered
|Type||Product No.||Dimensions (mm)|
|Smooth with bevel|
Other System Components:
037/13 CapaCoustic Melapor Kleber (adhesive), 25 kg bucket
StorageKeep in a dry and dust-free place.
|Degree of sound absorption as per DIN EN ISO 354|
Measuring of sound absorption within reverberation rooms
The substrate must be even/planar, clean, dry, solid, sound/stable, free from all substances, that may prevent good adhesion and should be slightly absorbent. Carefully remove dust, dirt/soiling and coats of flaking paint. Prime the substrate, if necessary. See Technical Information No. 650 for preparing suitable substrates.
2. Bonding of CapaCoustic Resipor Panels to the Full Surface
Use CapaCoustic Melapor Kleber 037/13.
2.1 Preparation of Adhesive/Glue
CapaCoustic Melapor-Kleber (adhesive/glue) is ready for use with notched trowels, without using any further additives. Stir the product shortly with a suitable low-speed electric paddle (agitator). Adjust to application consistency with a small amount of tap (potable) water, if necessary. Wear clean fabric gloves for bonding and mounting of CapaCoustic Resipor panels to avoid any soiling of the elements. One pair of gloves is attached to each unit.
2.2 Application of Adhesive/Glue
Apply with a lambskin roller (13 mm piles) and evenly spread to the surface to be coated or onto the CapaCoustic Resipor Panels, to obtain a uniform surface wetting. In both procedures the panels must be bonded without delay, when CapaCoustic Melapor adhesive (glue) is applied.
Open time of adhesive (glue): Approx. 10 minutes at 20 °C.
Diminished adhesion may occur with a higher substrate absorbency, higher temperature, humidity or movement of the air due to accelerated drying of adhesive.
Approx. 1.5 kg/m2
2.4 Low Temperature Limit for Application and Drying
+5 °C for product, substrate and ambient air.
Stick CapaCoustic Resipor Panels to the stable substrate. It is advisable to use a suitable pressure plate, e.g. large surface PU disc, to avoid punctiform loads which may cause partial damage of panels. Avoid soiling of fair-faced panels with adhesive mortar. Provide for a min. 20 mm wide shadow gap to obtain a perfect visual effect.
Note: CapaCoustic Resipor is a porous material with low flow resistance. Soiling may occur, due to circulation of air, when the panels are sticked on cracks, joints or other openings. Thus, the following must be observed:
- Do not paste over cracks, joints or hollow spaces/openings.
- Stay away from air conditioning units, air discharge openings and sources of heat, considering the special conditions on site.
- Resipor has proper thermal insulating properties, therefore check the structural-physical suitability of walls and ceilings before applying any panels to avoid the forming of condenser water.
Cut to size with a sharp cutter knife or use a jigsaw with serrated saw blade.
Wear clean gloves for bonding and mounting of CapaCoustic Resipor Panels to avoid any soiling.
Up to 250 mm: ± 3 mm
Over 250 up to 1.000 mm: ± 5 mm
Over 1,000 up to 2,000 mm: –5/+10 mm
Thickness tolerance: ± 10%
The panels/elements may vary (slightly) in colour shade, due the manufacturing process.
Please Note (Status as at Date of Publication)
CapaCoustic Melapor-Kleber 037/13: Keep out of reach of children. Avoid release to the environment. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Further information: See Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Contains: 1,2-Benzisothiazol-3(2H)-on, 2-Methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-on May cause an allergic reaction. German hotline for persons suffering from isothiazolinone allergy: +49 180 / 530 89 28 (0,14 €/ Min. aus dem deutschen Festnetz, Mobilfunk max. 0,42 €/ Min)
- CapaCoustic Melapor-Kleber 037/13: Materials and all related packaging must be disposed of in a safe way in accordance with the full requirements of the local authorities. Particular attention should be made to removing wastage from site in compliance with standard construction site procedures. In Germany: Only completely empty containers should be handed in for recycling. Dispose liquid product residues as waste of water-soluble adhesives (glues), dried product as hardened adhesives or via domestic waste. EWC 080410.
- CapaCoustic Resipor: Materials and all related packaging must be disposed of in a safe way in accordance with the full requirements of the local authority. Particular attention should be made to removing wastage from site in compliance with standard construction site procedures. In Germany: Materials and all related packaging must be disposed of in a safe way in accordancewith the full requirements of the local authority via e.g. suitable disposal site or approved incineration plant.
Panel: EWC 120105
- CapaCoustic Melapor-Kleber:
Customer Service CentreTel.: (+49) 0 61 54 / 71 17 10
Fax: (+49) 0 61 54 / 71 17 11
International Distribution: Please see www.caparol.com