Enamel spray (aerosol) can Capalac 2K Vario is pre-filled with blowing agent/propellant and Capalac PU-Härter (hardener). The spray can is individually fillable via VitoMat Filling Machine with miscellaneous Capalac enamels in the desired colour.
Field of ApplicationCapalac 2K Vario is a pre-fill spray can for professional use. Eminently suitable for enamel spray application on small surfaces or spot repairs. Thus a time-consuming cleaning of spraying equipment is not required. The FlexJet spray nozzle is variable and can be adjusted to each application situation. For better handling an attachable pistol grip with trigger is available to enhance efficient spray application for a longer period.
- Easy, time-saving and efficient application.
- Produces a very good spray pattern.
- Ideally suited for spot spraying (repairs).
- Faster curing due to PU hardener.
- Higher chemical resistance due to PU hardener.
- Higher impact and scratch resistance due to PU hardener.
- Quick availability of a wide range of colours via ColorExpress tinting technique.
Material Base / VehicleBlowing agent/propellant gas and Capalac PU-Härter (PU hardener)
Packaging/Package Size400 ml spray can (300 ml pre-filled)
Gloss LevelThe gloss level of silk-matt and silk-gloss enamels is marginally enhanced due to PU hardener content.
Supplementary ProductCapalac 2K Vario is suitable for the following Capalac products:
- Capalac SuperWeiß
- Capalac SeidenWeiß
- Capalac BaseTop
- Capalac BaseTop Gloss
- Capalac Hochglanz-Buntlack
- Capalac Seidenmatt-Buntlack
- Capalac EffektLack
- Capalac Venti
- Capalac Heizkörperlack
- Capalac Fußbodenlack
- Capalac Kunstharz-Klarlack (glossy & silk-matt)
Suitable SubstratesFollow the corresponding Technical Information of applied Capalac products.
Preparation of Material
- Mix Capalac alkyd enamel via the ColorExpress tinting machine in the desired colour shade.
- Fill 100 ml enamel for each spray can via the VitoMat Filling Machine.
- After this, upturn the can vertically and press on the valve shortly until no material escapes.
- Thoroughly shake the spray can for min. 2 minutes. The inside metal ball must be clearly audible.
- Remove the protective cap on the bottom and extract the pin to the stop using the inserted ring.
- Then the hardener is released within the spray can by turning the ring 360°.
- Hardener and enamel are now to be mixed (homogeneously) in a matching ratio by vigorously shaking the spray can.
Method of ApplicationFor spraying observe a distance of 15 – 30 cm to the substrate. Spray evenly thin cross coats on the surface. Angled/tricky parts: First apply a thin mist coat, then allow to flash off for approx. 2 - 4 minutes and complete the spraying procedure.
- 24 hours at 20 °C
NoteAlways follow Technical Information and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) of the respective (filled/applied) Capalac enamel.
Special Risks (Hazard Note) / Safety Advice (Status as at Date of Publication)Extremely flammable aerosol. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe vapours/ spray. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF INHALED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/ physician if you feel unwell. Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed.
Pressurised container: May burst if heated. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves. In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible). Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50 °C/122 °F. Do not pierce or burn, even after use. Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material. Contains isocyanates (IPDI). See information supplied by the manufacturer.
DisposalMaterials and all related packaging must be disposed of in a safe way in accordance with the full requirements of the local authorities. Particular attention should be made to removing wastage from site in compliance with standard construction site procedures.
Germany: Only completely empty spray/aerosol cans should be given for recycling. Dispose cans/containers with residues of liquid product via waste collection point accepting old paints and enamels. Dispose dried/hardened product residues as construction site/demolition/municipal or domestic waste.
Further DetailsSee Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
Technical AssistanceAs it is impossible to list herein the wide variety of substrates and their specific problems, please request our technical assistance in case of queries. We will describe appropriate working methods, if a substrate not specified above is to be coated.
Customer Service CentreTel.: +49 06154- 71 7 1710
Fax: +49 05154- 71 7 1008
International Distribution: Please see www.caparol.com